Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Decorators' Show House Preview Photos!

Yesterday I went to the preview event for the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra's Decorators' Show House and all I have to say is - WOW! The show house this year is at Knollwood, a Philip Shutze house built in 1929. The 27 interior designers and landscape designers involved have to be absolutely thrilled with the results of all of their time and hardwork. The house is a visual feast for the eyes. Every direction you turn provides another beautiful composition. This is a not to miss show house! It opens on Saturday, April 21 and will run through May 13. More information can be found here.

Here's a quick glimpse of a few of the wonderful rooms with the designer listed under each photo. Enjoy!!





Melanie Turner's foyer



Bill Murphy's library



John Oetgen's solarium

Dining room by Carole Weaks

Living Room by Stan Topol

Kitchen by Design Galleria



Family dining room by Womack Interiors

Ladies parlor by Tish Mills

Back stairwell by Kelly Hansen

Aren't these spaces amazing? There are so many layers and so much texture for each space - I tried to capture that with the detailed photos. And that's just the first floor folks! I took over 150 photos yesterday so we'll have the second floor tomorrow and more next week. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I regret missing it. What a house! I didn't get to see upstairs so I'm looking forward to your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow beautiful - beats our DC design house by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great house this year; it's hard to beat the grace and proportions of those classic old rooms. I'm loving the library. What a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing....normally I like one or two rooms, if I am lucky. This looks like a house where I would be drooling over each and every room. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete