Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ottoman Obsession


For a couple of years now I have been obsessed with ottomans and benches, stools and poufs. They seem so useful, so multi-purpose, and yet glamorous at the same time. When we built our house two years ago, I wanted an ottoman in every room (except the kitchen). Of particular interest to me were the cloverleaf ottomans that were featured in several shelter magazines in entrance halls. I think they look terrific in a living room serving as a coffee table (with a tray) or extra seating. Following are photos of ottomans and poufs that have caught my eye:

Don't you love the ottoman on the left in this bedroom and the bench at the foot of the bed?

photo courtesy of House Beautiful

How about this amazing Alessandra Branca sitting room with pink ottoman

photo courtesy of Traditional Home

Zebra ottoman with orange curtains!

image via sketch42blog



I love the violet poufs in this living room from Elle Decor


Ottomans and Poufs with personality:

aquacreations


Flora Pouf from modern dose

Jute pouf from rianrae


Safari cube ottomans from The Company Store


I think I'm going to order this pouf from urbanoutfitters to go in my bedroom, below:




These square ones are from westelm


Those violet poufs are available from JohnDerian in a million colors


One last note- Kelly at HighStreetMarket has vintage footstools that she reupholsters in great fabrics:

No comments:

Post a Comment