Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Field Trip Thursday - Wallpaper Your World



As a weekly feature, we will go on a field trip every Thursday (assuming no sick children!) and then report back here.

I bounced out the front door this morning and announced to my three children: "I'm going on a field trip today!" They all looked strangely at me and said "How old are you - nine?" Anyway, who doesn't love a good field trip, even as an adult?

I picked up the March 2010 issue of Traditional Home a few weeks ago, and was delighted to see in the 20 young designers to watch feature, an Atlanta designer- Jack Poles. And so, my first field trip target was set. I was going out to Snellville to visit Jack Poles' store Wallpaper Your World. From the feature in TH :

Plain walls are pretty, but to Jack, wallpaper is what wows. An avid lover of patterns, Jack offers Atlanta’s largest stock of eco-friendly wallpapers in his own shop. He even persuaded his neighboring fabric house to jump on board for smart and convenient design. J. Poles Interiors, Atlanta, GA jackpoles.com

A photo from Traditional Home of a Jack Poles bedroom:



That website address above for Jack doesn't work, but his wallpaper store website is:
WallpaperYourWorld

The store is located out in Snellville, a 35 minute drive up I-85 from Atlanta. For those of you making the drive, it's behind the Popeyes' Fried Chicken and is not easily seen from the street. It's a tiny store front next to a large fabric warehouse. I found the staff to be extremely nice and helpful. There is plenty of wallpaper to choose from - all in the lower to middle price point for wallpaper. If you buy the wallpaper that they stock the prices are amazing. I came away with five samples for a client whose powder room I'm working on and there are lots more ideas if those don't work out.

Another pleasant surprise was the discount fabric warehouse next door. The prices were considerably cheaper than the Buckhead discounters and the selection was fine, especially since I was already there. I scored some great giraffe linen fabric for a footstool and some pillows for another client. (Or I might just use it myself!)



All in all, a successful field trip - in the rain.

Image at top courtesy of Wallpaper Your World

2 comments:

  1. I think adult field trips are even more fun than the kid version! Even in the rain, it looks like you had a fine time and came away with some marvelous finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your field trips. I'm always out on design-related field trips myself. Just this past weekend I was in Chicago and visited the Merchandise Mart there. If you haven't been yet, I highly recommend it. There are a ton of amazing tile, bath & kitchen showrooms there including Kohler, Urban Archaeology, Waterworks, de Giulio Kitchen, Ann Sacks, Artistic Tile, etc.

    ReplyDelete